Thursday, December 13, 2007

1-800-IGNORE-MY-XBOX

The Xbox 360 has decided it will no longer work. Apparently due to some flaw of manufacture...

But worry not, microsoft has decided to graciously extend their warranty to cover the thermally challenged hardware.

Simply call 1-800-4MY-XBOX, and microsoft will gladly send you a box, postage paid, to ship your xbox back to them in, so they can confirm the issue, and send you a refurbished? replacement.

Sounds easy right? One phone call and 3 hours later, I hadn't spoken to a single soul. I called in the evening on the west coast, so I don't imagine they were in peak hours. At hour two, I went online and signed myself up for a LIVE account (with the hottest news, tips, and spam straight to my e-mail box!) so I can begin the warranty process. Entered the serial number and found my hardware to be covered, and was advised that a shipping box would be arriving shortly. I left the phone on hold just to yell at whoever picked up the phone when my turn finally came. I hung up after three hours.

Excuse my cynicism, the (online) process doesn't take much time, and they are indeed replacing consoles, but I feel this whole bit of nonsense could have easily been avoided, and would have been better for both parties.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: