Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Confiscation and Compliance

Since everyone else is talking about it...

You either believe in the second amendment, or you do not.

You either believe that the right to protect your life and the lives of your loved ones is endowed by your creator, or you do not.

You either believe that infringing this right is tyranny against you, your children, and your grandchildren, or you do not.

You either believe that confiscation is the beginning of the end and must be resisted, or you do not.


A lot of gunnies seem to feel like they can hang out in the gray area.

"But ET! The issue isn't just black and white!"

You're right, there are many varied shades of gray.

But we're already quite aware of what happens in those gray areas.
"Safety" requirements, fees for gun ownership, discretionary approval processes, expensive training requirements, banning specific guns, banning specific ammo, excessive taxing of ammo, banning safety features, obtuse manufacturer requirements, industry regulation, etc. etc. etc.
Backdoor bans are still bans.


I don't know why everyone keeps talking about the confiscation squad surprising them in their jammies. If they start confiscating and you don't know it, you've already failed. I think the REAL question should be;
"If they said they'd start confiscating in two weeks, what would you do?"

I don't know about you, but I would hand them over with a smile on my face.

2 comments:

Josh said...

"I don't know about you, but I would hand them over with a smile on my face."

Typo?

Mike said...

Plan on dying happy, huh?